Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dear Ancestors


Dear Ancestors,


I just want to let you know that all of your hard work didn't go to waste. I feel like I am standing and walking along the road to success, a road that you paved. Although the farthest back that anyone can trace is to my great great grandmother, I feel like you guys are in my presence and in my soul. I really do not have much to say other than thank you. I say thank you because you guys fought to give me the things that you could not have in the past. You created the opportunities that I have today, that I take advantage of.

One thing that I will make sure of in the future is that my children will have the same values that I have today. They are values that you passed down through the generations to me. So, once again, I want to say thanks for everything. One day, far in the future, I will see you in Heaven.

Love,

Daquavius

(Daquavius Gilliam, 9th Grade)

No comments:

Post a Comment