Friday, April 15, 2011

Dear Self (from K. Warren)

Dear Kenyatta,


I remember you being the youngest of them all, the second girl in a family of all boys. You had no choice but to be a tomboy, because the "girlie girl" was born first. You were so sweet and innocent and could make anybody smile. You were Miss SDA in Gulfport, Mississippi and known around the town.


Today as I look at you, I see that you are smart and funny. Everybody likes you; you're very popular. You're an athlete too. You have a mother and father who support you in everything you do. You have two older sisters and two younger brothers. All four can be very annoying, but you manage and make it through.


As I write this letter to you, I am fourteen and a half. I wanted to let you, my inner child, know how much you will change. Know that you will get better and better over the years.


Sincerely,

Older Than You


(Kenyatta Warren, 9th Grade)


No comments:

Post a Comment