Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dear Ancestors


Dear Ancestors,

Thank you for the struggle to make a better way for me.

In this day and time I believe that we all have just lost sight and its just the blind leading the blind. Lessons and challenges I have been faced with would be the lack of love sometimes displayed by my own people. We can't seem to come together to talk about our problems. I plan to overcome this obstacle by not becoming another statistic, by not blaming my insecurities on the world and by helping the world as I see fit. I feel that people have lost hope and turned their backs on one another. I feel that we really need help as a nation to be able to reach out.

I don't want to think that all of your work was in vain, but it seems that a lot of your work is being forgotten. Still, I want to thank you. I will try to use your legacy to help encourage and nurture my people back to a stable place to the best of my ability.

Sincerely yours,

Mykia

(Mykia Robbins, 9th Grade)

No comments:

Post a Comment