Saturday, April 16, 2011

Learning from the Game

One moment I will never forget is a high school basketball game in which I recently played. It was only our third game of the season, and I knew if I didn't do well I would probably be sitting on the bench the next game.


As the school day came to an end, I became more nervous with each second. About an hour after school ended, my team and I put on our jerseys. The game was about to begin. Looking at the crowd made it even more intense. After a hard game, we came out of the gym with a loss. Yet, I had scored seventeen points.


For the rest of the season, I never sat on the bench. After the season was over, the coach even asked me if I wanted to play summer basketball with the team. So, I think I've got a pretty good chance of starting next year.


(Aaron Frederick, 9th Grade)

No comments:

Post a Comment