Friday, April 15, 2011

Passing On the Love

I remember a time when I was very ill, and I didn't have anyone to depend on except my mother. Her care reminded me that she is always there when I need her which is different from some other parents who ignore their children's needs and let the world raise them. My mother is always sacrificing in some way so that she can make sure that I am o.k.

I respect my mother's bountiful love in a way you couldn't imagine. I adore her so much in virtue of her effort of taking care of her only son.


I've heard great things about my grandmother Ruby and how she took care of her kids, how she worked hard and lived up to her responsibilities. I think my grandmother Ruby instilled the same work ethic and nurturing instinct in my mother. I can see it clearly in my mother. I hope my future wife will have this same determination, because I want the same treatment for my kids so that it can be instilled in them also.


(Yasene Cummings, 11th Grade)

No comments:

Post a Comment