Sunday, April 17, 2011

Visiting My Grandmother in California

The first time I saw my grandmother, I didn't recognize her because I'd only seen pictures that had been taken years before. She looked very different but was still beautiful. I tried to see the resemblance between us. Even though I eventually came to the conclusion that we don't look anything alike, I know that she's still my grandmother.

When she took me to her apartment, I really had to adjust to how she lived. I stayed a month and had to go to all the meetings and go out in service whenever her group went, which was about three times a week. We had fun sight seeing and meeting up with family I've never seen before. One of these people was my awesome cousin Katarina. She's about 5'2" and has an olive skin color and long, light brown hair. My cousin Katarina is part German and Filipino. My cousin and I had a lot of fun together. Before Grandma and I would go to sleep, we would hold hands, pray and talk about the day.


"Tati, do good and above all things remember that God is watching you." Those were the last inspiring words I heard before I got on the plane and left my grandmother in San Francisco. She is great and extremely intelligent. I always enjoy seeing my grandmother almost every year and always enjoy seeing her.


(Tatiana Wright, 9th Grade)

No comments:

Post a Comment