Friday, April 15, 2011

To My Future Children



Dear Eli and Payton,


Even though you are not physically here, I feel as if you were. I put my everything into finishing high school on time and going to college. I graduted from Georgia State with a CRNA degree. Your father and I got married before you were born. I have big dreams for you two. I want for you to take advantage of all the opportunities we provided for you.


Here is my advice: Do not take your education for granted. Do not get anyone pregnant before you are married. Do not let anyone detour you from your dreams or involve you in anything illegal. I grew up in the '90s and early '00s. Even though it was a time of little problems, I still struggled to succeed. I only hope that you take my words to heart.


I love you guys more than I have ever loved anything in my life.


All my love,

Mama


(M. Cannon, 11th Grade)

No comments:

Post a Comment