Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Grandfather



A person who remains important to me is my grandfather. He is important to me because he is a strong role model, a father figure and an all-around decent person.

Grandpa is a role model because he sets goals and does his best to accomplish them. Even though he may have been let down, he still somehow finds a way to keep his head up and keep going. He has a fierce presence when he takes charge and doesn't let anyone get in the way. One day, I aspire to be like him.

My grandfather is also a father figure to me because my biological father wasn't really in my life. Grandpa takes the time to treat me as his own. He lets me know the truth about the world which I feel gives me a broader outlook on life.

I consider my grandfather to be a father figure because he is the only one there for me, male wise. Also, he teaches me not to have any harsh feelings toward my father and to respect him because I can never change the fact that my father helped bring me into this world.

Grandpa is an all-around decent person because he is courteous and always, as he says, seems to "kill people with kindness."

(Mykia Robbins, 9th Grade)

No comments:

Post a Comment